June 07, 2006

Bubbles that should not be.

Did you know that it is possible to have too many bubbles in a bubble bath? Last night in an attempt to not only clean Clone, but to also calm him down, I decided to give him a bath. Clone loves the bath, especially a bubble bath. He gets clean and he gets to play for a while. I figured this would be perfect, kill two birds with one stone. I’ve given Clone baths before; I didn’t think it would go any differently this time. Well, that is except for my adding bubble bath to the water.

I start the bath, and put a little bit of the bubble bath into the water. There wasn’t much of a reaction. After adding some more there still wasn’t much of an effect. So I put more in. Now we have a reaction. Bubbles started forming as I expected so I went to finish getting Clone ready for the bath. When I returned to the bathroom, the tub was full. I turned off the water and went to check the water to make sure it wasn’t too hot before putting Clone in. I sank up to my elbow in bubbles before finding water. We have an old lion footed cast iron bathtub, so it’s pretty deep. I had it about a quarter filled with water and the rest was bubbles.

GREAT! Owell… Clone should have fun with this so I placed in the tub. One minute I’m looking at him, and the next he disappears. The bottom of the tub was slippery from all the soap and he slid in under the bubbles. Don’t worry, he didn’t hurt himself. In fact he thought this was great fun. He kept hiding in the bubbles and popping up in different places. It was like a demented live action wack-a-mole game. Only instead of moles, it was a little blonde boy with a gnome hate made of bubbles.

I figured the bubbles would go away after a while, well I was wrong. The damn bubbles stuck around. The things would not dissipate. Trying to wash the soap off of him was about impossible. Every time I would start to make some headway, he would slip back under the bubbles and coat himself in them again.

Finally I had enough of this, so I yanked him out of the bathtub and toweled off all the remaining bubbles. I pulled the drain plug and waited for the bathtub to empty. It would have none of that. Nope, those bubbles sat there defying gravity and god. They would not go away. I knew better then to add more water, that would just create more of the annoying things. I figured after a while they would finally go away.

Flash forward to this morning. I go into the bathroom to take a bath, what do I see in the tub? BUBBLES! The damn things did not dissipate overnight. What kind of funky bubbles are these? Then to make matters worse, when I turned the water on, it created more. Then when I went to get into the tub, the soap had made the bottom of the tub slipperier then a snake covered in Vaseline. I about fell down. Thankfully my size thirteen feet where able to keep me from falling and hurting myself.

Ktreva is now back; thank all that is good in the world. I was getting ready to do a rejoicing dance when she dropped a bomb on me. In two weeks she is leaving for 4 days.
Four… Days… That is one day longer then this time. I don’t know if I’ll be able to survive.

Posted by Contagion in Family Life at June 7, 2006 06:23 PM | TrackBack

Damn - you're gonna need a lot more beer to survive 4 days! heh :-)

Posted by: Barb at June 7, 2006 09:58 PM

Oh my... I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Posted by: vw bug at June 8, 2006 08:50 AM

Now I'm no bubble bath expert, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use the entire bottle in one bath tub at one time....

Posted by: Ogre at June 8, 2006 01:35 PM