January 24, 2008

bleak future.

Itís been two days since Thompson has pulled out of the presidential race and since then Iíve done a lot of thinking. Itís not that I thought Thompson was perfect or that I agreed with him on everything, quite to the contrary. I only agreed with him on about 65-70% of the things. I know Iíll never find a politician that I agree with 100%, but the major issues are ones that I did agree with him on. Itís just that he has been the first candidate in a long time that I actually felt that I was voting for, not against another.

Now Iíve been sitting here in a funk. Iím scared, Iím scared for my country, Iím scared for my job and Iím scared for my family. I look at the list of candidates and the current front-runners and I shudder. Romney, Huckabee and McCain for the Republicans and Clinton, Obama and Edwards for the Democrats, just thinking of any of those names with the term President in front if it almost makes me cry in frustration and anger. To think that out of the 300 million Americans, these were the best we could come up with is just down right frightening.

And the American sheeple is going to vote one of these mentally myopic individuals into the top office of the land. Well the 65% of the public that votes during an election year will at least. The other 35% will just complain about who is in office. Why are we going to elect these pieces of living bio-waste? Because of that 65% that actually vote, most of them are too narrow minded to think about voting outside of the way the government wants them to. Meaning they will only vote Democrat or Republican. They wonít even look at a third party candidate. The government (I.e. Republicans and Democrats) wants it that way. Face it folks, the two parties are in bed with each other. As long as they stick together, they wonít lose power. And thatís what itís really all about. They want power.

Me, I donít know. Iím going to look at third party and independent candidates to see if there is anyone there that might be better then the laughable six. If enough Americans do the same thing, maybe just maybe we can send a message to the parties that we want, nay we demand better candidates then what they throw at us.

But folks mark my words, if things keep going down the grim path we are headed; there is trouble for America. Be it another attack on our soil, another civil war or even a long overdue revolution. Maybe not in the next four years, but it is coming. It is coming.

Posted by Contagion in Politics at January 24, 2008 06:57 PM | TrackBack
Comments

Well at the moment I still like Rudy, but now that Romney and Huckabee have done surprisingly/frighteningly well in these early stages I'll need to put more research into them as well as I really don't know anything about them other than people who think that just because Huckabee is a Mormon that he'd try to turn the country into a theocracy.
I know I don't like anybody running on the democrat side at all this time around.

And unfortunately yes, it will probably end up being like the last election... people not voting for the person that would will do good things for the country, but rather voting for the person they feel will be the least damaging *sigh*

Posted by: Shadoglare at January 24, 2008 10:20 PM

Amen brother, amen.

Posted by: Quality Weenie at January 25, 2008 08:13 AM

"Iím going to look at third party and independent candidates" lessons learned from Perot.

Posted by: h~ at January 25, 2008 03:02 PM